Benefits of Yoga, What I’ve Learned
This list is of benefits that I have personally experienced through my time doing yoga, and keep in mind, this list is always growing.
- Everyone learns and moves at their own pace.
- The Breath DOES matter.
- How to listen to my body; what type of practice is my body calling for? Vinyasa, Yin, Gentle Flow, pranayama, etc.
- Learn to practice calmness.
- Learning my boundaries; when I go too far or not far enough.
- Push my creativity.
- How to connect with others without placing judgment on them.
- How to recognize when ego takes over.
- How to tame my ego (daily workout).
- Yoga asana is accessible to everyone.
- Yoga is NOT just poses; there is so much more depth within the practice (8 Limbs).
- Yoga practice is what you want it to be; asana, meditation, pranayama, philosophy, etc.Meditation can be done in SO MANY different ways; breath work, focal points, moving meditations, visualizations, etc.
- Yoga is grounding.
- Yoga teaches us to connect and at the same time allows for detachment.
- There is no “right” way…guidelines for safety, yes, but no “right” way.
- It’s okay not to practice sometimes.
- Yoga calms my anxieties and sometimes causes them but I’m never sorry I practiced.
- How to find a practice that works for people with health issues.
- To be flexible; not just physically but mentally and emotionally.
- To open my heart and be kinder to others but also to myself.
- To recognize that mind, body, and emotion are intrinsically connected.
- Deep breaths are little gifts to ourselves.
- There are many, many different types of yoga practices out there…some ancient, some modern…it doesn’t matter which you choose as long as it helps you become a better version of yourself.
- Yoga practice can give a sensation of calmness, feeling grounded, feeling connected, secure, at peace, energized, and balanced, all at the same time.
- It’s okay to have a sense of humor about yoga…it’s not all serious all the time.
- Yoga practice isn’t all rainbows and unicorns…it has uncomfortable moments.
- Each day the body, the mind, and our energies are different.
🙏🏼 Namaste my friends. 🙏🏼